Friday, March 19, 2010

It's MarathonING Time In ATL!

After 4 months of training it's finally time! The Georgia ING Marathon is finally here! Only 1 more day to taper and then it's time to run a torturous 26.2 miles. Ahh! It's starting to set in that we'll be running 26.2 miles, roughly 4 hours of straight running. We got this! :) No matter what I am so proud of us for training our butts off and believing we can do it! I really don't think I could have done this without Ross. I'm proud of everyone else running the half or full! I'm super excited for Megan to run her first half! :) After your first race, especially a half, an amazing sense of accomplishment overwhelms you with pure satisfaction. Be proud, no matter what. The degree of self discipline to train for such an event is an accomplishment in itself. Race day is time to show off all your hard work and remember to have fun!

The few days leading up to a race are bittersweet. The fact all the training is over and it's time to put it to the test is the sweet part. The sense of nervousness and anxiousness feels bitter. However, I believe it's more sweet than bitter. It's exciting to test yourself past your normal limits. It's amazing to me how much your body can endure. Anyway. In celebration of tapering, I'm digesting my carb packed dinner while my feet are propped up on the coffee table to rest my little legs, thinking about what outfit I will look cutest in on Sunday, and composing a badass playlist. You know, I do need like 4+ hours worth of music... A sample of my playlist (that I still need to think of a witty name for):
  • Pain- Jimmy Eat World
  • Badfish- Sublime
  • Dr. John- Mika
  • Can You Tell- Ra Ra Riot
  • Teeth- Lady GaGa
  • Pretty Girls- Wale ft. Gucci Mane
  • Nothing On You- B.o.B ft. Bruno Mars
  • Meet Me Half Way- Black Eyed Peas
SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY! I'm excited and nervous! Again, crub crewers be prepared because I'm going to cry afterwards. Maybe have a tissue ready for me ;) Pictures and stories are to follow soon after. Good luck to all halfers/marathoners! Thank You in advance to all the crub crewers who are coming out to support us and everyone else! It's much appreciated, believe me.

Upcoming Events:

Countdown to the Atlanta ING Marathon:
1 Day (March 21, 2010).



Countdown to the Atlanta Live DOW Run For Water:
29 Days (April 18, 2010)


Happy Running,
Jayme

No comments:

Post a Comment