Running Lagniappe (a little something extra):
- What is your favorite time to run and why? I love early morning runs. By early morning I mean 5:30/ 6ish. It's refreshing to wake up before most people, knock out 4-6 miles, and run as the sun comes up. Well, mostly because it is 10-20 degrees cooler than the afternoon and less cars to dodge. BUT I still love it.
- What is your preferred distance of running? Short, middle, or long? My favorite is middle distance because it allows you to get a good 4-8 miles in, less time set aside for running, and you can run harder and faster. Don't get me wrong, I love long distance for many reasons. But middle distance running helps you prepare for the longer distances and aids in running those long runs faster. It's easier to increase your pace during middle distance and still have the feel of a "longer" run.
- Sweat are contacts worse enemy. As it's getting hotter in Atlanta, more sweat falls into my eyes! Sunglasses help, but my sweat somehow finds a way to still creep into my eyes. If you see some woman at 5:30 am running kind of "drunk" around Buckhead, it's just me without my contacts in. Don't worry. I just don't want burning eyes.
- Why do some people run in cargo shorts and long sleeves in 80 degree weather?! Ok, i'll forgive you because at least you're being active, but run in a straight line! Share the side walk.
- Don't honk your horn at runners. You don't know me, I don't want to talk to you, and now my heart rate has increased 20 bpm above my heart rate max. Thanks. Much appreciated.
- It's hot and sticky in Atlanta. Band aids don't stick. Maybe it's time to suck it up and buy "Bodyglide".
- My runner's tan is back. Well, it never went away. Too bad there isn't a clear sports bra that just covers the privates. Yea, I said privates.
- No I didn't paint my toenail. Bruised toenails and bloody heals = typical runner's feet. Very attractive in my summer flip flops.
- June 2 is National Running Day! Go for a run or even a walk! Just be active!
Training Songs of the Week: I used to not like John Mayer, but his new CD has grown on me. Enjoy!
1. Who Says- John Mayer
2. Prefectly Lonely- John Mayer
3. Airplanes- B.o.B. ft. Hayley Williams & Eminem
4. Life, Love, & Laughter- Donavon Frankenreiter
5. Sledgehammer- DMB
Thanks to Jesse I use dailymile in addition to my Nike+. It's like Facebook for exercising! Join. Join. Join. It's fun and addicting! ... Ok, so my point is now my upcoming events are added on the side of my blog per dailymile! :-)
Jayme Bergeron, BS
ACSM Certified Health Fitness Specialist
(I couldn't resist!)